View Single Post
Old 2018.05.20, 08:37 PM   #1
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal
Default Songs From Your Favorite Artists You'd Like Shiina Ringo to Cover

The idea for this thread came up when I was thinking about how awesome it would be to hear Shiina Ringo do a cover of Queen's "Teo Torriatte" since her Japanese would be way better than Freddie Mercury's (for obvious reasons) and the song could sound good even if it had a Saito Neko arrangement. Was Queen on that giant list of influences she gave?

So take your top 5 artists. Are there any songs by them you think would sound just as good, if not better, after being given the SR treatment?

Queen
I mentioned "Teo Torriatte" already but I think "Get Down, Make Love" could sound really cool if done in a very electronic Utaite Myouri-era style. Probably better than the original, to be honest. Modern Ringo would also do very well with songs like "Seaside Rendezvous", "Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon", "Bring Back That Leroy Brown", and "Misfire".
Jamiroquai
Another band that would do well with the Ringo treatment. "Virtual Insanity" is the obvious choice here. She even name dropped it as inspiration for the "Honnou" PV. I'd love to hear "You Give Me Something" as well.
Pink Floyd
These guys don't typically lend themselves too well to being reinterpreted by Shiina Ringo. I mean, a spacey version of "Breathe" might be cool and I could see her doing "San Tropez" pretty well but most of their tunes wouldn't really gain much.
The Bird and the Bee
I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't love to hear Ringo do a cover of "Fucking Boyfriend". "Again and Again" would be pretty amazing too, to be honest. I think I've discovered I'd like Ringo to cover a lot of The Bird and the Bee's discography after thinking about this.
AC/DC
Ooh, boy. Not a lot of songs that would sound good here. They're not exactly similar. Although "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" would sound pretty entertaining. I think she could rock "TNT" as well.