View Single Post
Old 2009.07.20, 10:55 AM   #32
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Since SOIL&"PIMP"SESSIONS keep revisiting Europe so much that they probably have vacation homes there by now, I don't think I'll ever get the chance to see them in-person while I'm stuck in the states.

I am however, probably the only member of this community who bought and watched their first (and so far their only) real concert DVD. I have the now-sold-out limited version, but honestly I don't know what the benefit over unlimited is supposed to be. Anyway, it's one of the better concert DVDs I own. I'd rank it alongside Dynamite Out and Johnny Heaven. None of these concerts have the best setlists, but they have the best performances.

It's just as well that I was not in the front row with the saxophone in my face. As someone who at least has an alto saxophone somewhere in their closet, sometimes I want to choke the guy for sweating up a storm and nearly running out of breath in his futile quest to make an alto saxophone sound more sassy like a tenor. Just get a damn tenor saxophone and save yourself the stamina from trying to artificially achieve that kind of sound.

I would like to see a concert with some Planet Pimp songs included, which I'm sure is what you saw, golem. Any chance you could wing up a setlist of what they played?

By the way, did they ever use a keytar? That's something you never see/hear with J.A.M. or a collaboration.