View Single Post
Old 2019.05.03, 04:42 AM   #61
shirasagi

shirasagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
If you've heard BUCK-TICK this song isn't remotely surprising.

It also just sounds like poor man's version of track 2 from Reimport 1. If that can even exist LOL.

But hey if someone can find SOMETHING out of this one, that's something. I won't lie- I am enjoying the meltdown from the Ringo apologists and those ceaselessly using the "she's for the 1%/housewife" defense for her. What housewife will want to listen to this lol.

Oh one thing to note that may provide a glimmer of hope- I assume some of the older songs have rearrangements. Why? Apple music revealed the song lengths and some vary wildly from their OG ones. Donzoko is only 2:20. Also they only let you preview a few of the pre-release tracks.
I get where your disappointment is coming from (my mind went to Kachû no otoko within like three seconds), and that is also why I said that I like the song, I just don't see it as a single. I feel like both the first track and this one are supposed to be teasers for the album moreso than singles in the proper sense. Both of them sound like two parts of a song cycle rather than standalone songs, even though the album is chock full of old singles.

I looked at the track lengths on iTunes and except for Donzoko, they are all just slightly trimmed, so I'm not getting my hopes up for rearrangements - we've seen this on Sunny. But who knows?

I'm with thespidereggs on this one - this darker sound would be amazing and fresh throughout the entire album, but it's probably not going to happen. But I'm pleased we're hearing new sounds. Even if it sounds like Kachû no otoko and Buck-Tick (I have to admit I last heard Buck-Tick probably fifteen years ago), it sounds refreshing to hear influences she hasn't explored as much in the last decade or so.
shirasagi is offline   Reply With Quote