View Single Post
Old 2009.06.09, 07:37 AM   #25
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
Wasn't that a bit unapropriate cjhobbies?
Some members care about rep and Glath seems to have put much thought into it.

And if you read what I said, I have already stated that people already have an opinion of everybody and they count more on it than on any other number. Still, the rep system exists.
I think it's weird to have a EMF moderator say all this discussion amounts to "crap". If the rep system isn't important, just disable it, no?
It's used for practical reasons. People shouldn't look at the number and think of it as a measure of their worth.

I know Glath put a lot of thought to it, he also did a lot of explaning already. I didn't think the practical reasons of the rep system was being discussed...I think people were hurt when they saw their number drop and I just wanted to reiterate that the rep scores shouldn't be a vanity plate.

I'm a 5 now...I think I'll soothe myself with a little cocoa.

Edited - and you weren't the target of my previous post, btw. Some people said that they felt hurt when their number changed and I just wanted to make it very clear that the number doesn't mean much in regards to your standing with other members.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote