View Single Post
Old 2011.07.05, 05:25 PM   #286
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

^
Why has this line of discussion continued... as if you've never seriously looked at the Attachment which was in the post you quoted?

The posted screenshot from the MoRA DVD specifically shows the center track in Kanji-only, while the bonus track (taken from the single) is the only track with any translation within the same screenshot. It's not really a question of "Does the screenshot include 'stem'?", as if there were no context to the placement. What's important here is the coexisting combination of sections where 'stem' is and isn't mentioned

This is akin to a tracklist consisting mostly of upper-cased titles, where the presence of at least one lower-cased title would lend weight to the theory that the rest of the titles really are intended to be upper-cased. When upper and lower-cased titles coexist in an official tracklisting, they reinforce each others' credibility. Two versions of the same composition, together in the same tracklisting - with and without a translation, is another example of otherwise-questionable titles reinforcing each others' credibility.

I think The Most Curious Thing actually has a legitimate case here. I should have caught this years ago, but I've almost completely ignored the menus and video of those DVDs.