View Single Post
Old 2018.07.11, 06:56 PM   #1139
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Been listening to the new album (NON STOP) for the last couple days and at first I thought 'this is pretty great but it's definitely her worst work yet'.

HOWEVER... this is the first time I've really started second guessing myself. I really don't think you can make any kind of real opinion on initial spin. This thing blazes past at light speed and barely anything really settles in first time round.

I had assumed it was mainly just a fun 'party' record, with little to no nuance that made her last few records so replayable- however, I'm really starting to notice new things and enjoying it a hell of a lot more. Helps through headphones too, there's so much going on in either channel at the same time.

So, right now I'm floating on making a final decision on where it sits (both as a score out of 10 and in the grand scheme of all things Seiko). I will say this though- it's her wildest album to date and the opening run will leave you out of breath.

It's good.