View Single Post
Old 2011.08.14, 06:30 AM   #50
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
haha. chobbies. it's funny that you already bought your headphones... but I still have not!

Should I get them shures too?
I've paid $400 for earphones before but I can't remember enjoying them as much as these ones.
I was thinking about Grado s60i and 80i but those only look good in pictures. They're feel incredibly cheap and the sound is nothing to write home about.

If you're looking for can headphones I think you can't do better with these SRH 440. They easily sound better than headphones 3x their price (like the Bowers & Wilkens P5.) You just have to hook the Shure's up to something with an equalizer because they're very neutral and clear and you won't get the pop in the sound and the bass unless you have the equalizer set.

Future Shop actually had an overnight sale yesterday with 50% off headphones and I bought another pair at $55. I'll return the other pair next week.

EDIT - Another thing...portable players have no problem driving these headphones. I've tried other can headphones where you have to pump the volume way up just to hear anything.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote