View Single Post
Old 2008.04.02, 03:00 PM   #42
RollOverHobo

RollOverHobo pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
of course it was intentional. Intentional and moronic and it really kills the album
I wouldn't go so far as to say that it kills the album...thought it definitely ruins a few songs, like Yume no Ato....what I think ruins the album were some very weak songs (Bokoku jyoucho, Service, Ekimae). What I've realized with Tokyo Jihen lately is that I can't like on album in particular because none of them are as perfect as any Shiina release (therefore, I think, Tokyo Jihen is not making releases as good overall as they can be). Song writing aside, Kyoiku had this mixing problem, Adult flowed nice but wasn't particularly memorable, and Variety sounds clean but in the sense that they were using recordings instead of live instruments. I can like each album for those strengths (though not so much for Variety b/c song writing counts a lot in my book) but I can't put one over the other anymore esp. Adult and Kyoiku. I guess what I'm saying is that Tokyo Jihen could be better, I think they definitely have that capability (even with their current lineup) but they're not living up to their potential (...I sound like a teacher ). I mean they're kind of like a super band (I think any band that has Shiina Ringo must be a super band...Kameda can count too since he has produced so much.) they ought to sound awesome (but I think they left that awesome in Dynamite Out ).