View Single Post
Old 2012.03.18, 09:17 AM   #55
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
I've argued it before, but I feel WtH should be included because in Ringos case the bsides are just as important. And it was marketed as an album, flows like an album, feels as much a part of the set as the others. I forgot to add ZCS too, though most of it is included in WtH anyway.
And on top of that, the only six tracks from ZCS that should be included in WtH are included. I think of the Gyakutai Glycogen disc as the A-side of ZCS -- all three of its songs have other studio versions on Shiina Ringo albums, and are easier to recognize as true "Shiina Ringo" songs -- while I think of the Tensai Praeparat and Hatsuiku Status discs as the two B-sides of ZCS. Their inclusion on WtH and the GG disc's exclusion are actually kind of brilliant.

But if I had to make changes to WtH, I would take Sakuran and Karisome Otome out -- they make musical sense after la salle de bain, but the Ringo no Uta single is such a clean way to break off her original solo career, especially now that B-sides from Ariamaru Tomi and Carnation make WtH feel less complete. And then I'd bump the three Hatsuiku Status songs up to non-bonus status, before the three Tensai Praeparat songs (all the other B-sides are in reverse order, so I suppose HS would make sense before TP). That would make 12 songs on the second disc, so I would add Shinjuku Nite to the end of the first disc (as a pseudo-bonus song, without being called such -- just like Ichijiku no Hana is for the second disc) to balance it out.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote