View Single Post
Old 2011.06.22, 01:24 PM   #6
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

^
I periodically have to restart Firefox when its RAM usage is high. It's not that I actually need to "free up" any RAM (when I have 16 GB) - it's that Firefox becomes too unstable if I leave the same session open for too long, with too many windows and/or tabs. It usually needs to be restarted around the 1 GB mark.

So sometimes I'm preparing a new EMF post, and I find myself having to restart Firefox before the post is ready. If I have to kill Firefox, sometimes these previewed posts are lost. If this really happened a lot, I'd be preparing all my big posts in Wordpad before trying to submit them - but I think it's only happened with 4 posts ever (and they were seriously big).

I would use another web browser, but Internet Explorer should be avoided for obvious reasons, and other browsers (including Chrome) don't integrate with Roboform as comprehensively as I would like.