View Single Post
Old 2007.12.14, 09:14 AM   #62
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by digdad View Post
I've been singing Ringo's praises on a Beatles forum I'm active on. A few have commented positively to some of the YouTube songs I've posted. They especially liked Tsukigime-hime, but not surprising with Izawa doing his best Ray Manzerik impression. One guy has started to listen to a bit of Japanese music because of this, but I think I've only succeeded in making him into a minor GO!GO!7188 fan.

Other than that, I can say I've turned my elementary school aged kids into Ringo aficionados. They'll request some of her videos on my iPod every now and then. Also, when a song from HF comes on, they instantly know what DVD video it is and they'll say things like "Hey, this is the hamster song!" or "Hey, this is the street animal song!".
That sounds like a success story, but I still can't believe how someone can hear a ringo song (not from variety) and not become a fan. I'm amazed that your Beatles fans haven't been able to see the light.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote