Thread: The Tori Thread
View Single Post
Old 2009.03.15, 10:47 PM   #16
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I go through my phases, I think we all definitely do. Every album has its strong points and weak points, and even albums like The Beekeeper, which as a lot of negative things said about, have gems on it. Sleeps with Butterflies is one of my favorite Tori tracks of all time. Her earlier work is a little homogeneous to me in a way, like I kind of group LE, UTP, and BFP in one group, and then each subsequent album following that is so radically different from one another they all are in separate groups.

If I had to just recommend one album I'd probably say FTCH since it is has a bot of old Tori and a bit of the (then) newer and more experimental Tori, so you can see where she was coming from and where she was going.

the guy who did the string arrangements for Tori on the new album, I forget his name, but he has done all of her strings for her since her debut, just commented on his blog saying that the new album is intense, wondrous, and emotional. He said he did 4 songs for her, 3 with a string octect, and another one where he arranged the entire song, synths and keys and strings and everything, all around Tori. So it should be quite interesting indeed.

edit: so this is what John Philip Shenale wrote on his blog about AATS

I wanted to xpand alittle on an email i received, asking about Tori’s new record “Abnormally Attracted To Sin” and my involvement .
I worked on 4 songs for the record.
All 4 of Tori’s creations , consumed me for the last 3 months of 08.
We used an octet for the string section on 2 songs ( 4 violins, 2 violas 2 celli.
Various synths, samplers, processes, Hammonds (A100 and solovox) and Wurly were used at times, played by Tori and me.
Tori played Bosy on 3.
Matt and Jon played on all 4.
One song i arranged the rythym section, keys and strings around Tori .
Then Matt and Jon added there magic later.
This process finished in Cornwall in December.
The ending of a wonderful record and an emotional year for me.
Well thats it for now.
I will put up more text and pics after the release.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.03.15 at 11:33 PM.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote