View Single Post
Old 2010.02.20, 05:26 AM   #106
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

The past week I've seen an awful lot of movies. In theaters Valentines Day (blehh. Missed Alias reunion opportunities.) and Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief (AWESOME). And I watched District 9, which is nothing short of genius.

Today I rocked netflix streaming with first The Red Shoes (I'd wanted to watch it for sooo long and I just saw they added it.) which was... not as good as I expected but it was pretty and The Earrings of Madame de... which is yaay Charles Boyer! Lackluster dragging movie though. (I don't know why I like Charles Boyer, he's a douche in the 2 movies I've seen him in. But he's <3.)

I just watched David Lean's Brief Encounter. Which is another movie I've been wanting to watch and just saw they had it on streaming. OMGoodness this movie is a masterpiece. It's beautiful, fantastic and the people seem real and you can see real life in the 40s. (or... it's set in the 30s.) Everything I want in a movie. It easily turned out to be one of my favorite movies and probably my favorite David Lean movie. (Even with Doctor Zhivago and Lawrence of Arabia in competition) Everyone should see it noww.

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote