View Single Post
Old 2012.06.21, 08:33 PM   #20
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Are we allowed to talk about this? Quick comments: I thought most of this concert was great. Loved the inclusion of Izawa's and Hata's songs, even though I was never too crazy about Izawa's on the album. Enjoyed the orchestra for some of the songs, thought it was too much for others... especially when it drowned out the band. Not a big fan of Saito Neko's part in Season Sayonara, but liked that he was there for it. Enjoyed the dudes' song without Ringo, but it also reminded me that they're not the best stage performers ever. Still thought that song from Dai-Hakken was boring live (the last one before the encores). It was boring in the Discovery tour, and it doesn't seem like it changed at all for this. Liked the songs she wrote for whatshername, but not sure why one of them ended up being performed at nearly the end of the concert. Toumei Ningen was bad as the last song, but fun regardless. Kameda's OSCA solo should have been shorter... he didn't need to repeat the head rub part because everyone's already seen it and had already laughed or cringed the first time around. Not sure what that video game thing was. The concert needed less dancers. I wanted to see another song from Variety performed/improved during this tour, even if OSCA or Killer Tune had to be sacrificed for it. It's a simple detail, but I liked it when Izawa stood up while playing the piano/keyboard. Woulda preferred Just Can't Help It's rendition of Marunouchi. Liked Uki's accompanying vocals in that song from Kyouiku. First three songs were perfect. Really enjoyed Tengoku... thought this was the only time it was performed right (either version). Wanted them to play Put Your Camera Down at least once. Woulda preferred less costume changes... and perhaps something a little more classy for Ringo's last outfit. But whatevs. Overall a very good concert. I'd rate them: Dynamite Out > Ultra C = Bon Voyage > JCHI = Discovery = S&T
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote