View Single Post
Old 2007.09.24, 09:48 PM   #43
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
I'm waiting for the hard copy, but my attitude toward TJ is that, well, it just *is*. Ringo created it so she could fuck around and make music and not get caught up in what the means, Kyoiku, Adult, and Variety as well, they all go along with this. Variety was more Uki and Izawa, but who is to say that it wasn't a group project. Ringo wrote the lyrics for most of the album so she played a large role in the creation and I'm sure the entire band as a whole worked together to achieve the style presented in this phase. What I'm getting at is that I don't think that Jihen is trying to necessarily be or do anything other than continue to make music as much as it confuses and enrages some.

And for everyone who is crying that they want a Ringo solo album, go listen to HF again. Maybe your better off sticking with Jihen.
Yes, it's undeniable that it's a group projet. The problem is that it's evident that shiina had no part in the creation of the music. There are recycled themes throughout but it's not used in the usually ringoish ways. Most of the songs lack direction and 'hooks', some of he songs almost remind of the medieval gregorian chants; completely aimless.

Damn straight i'm crying for a Ringo solo album, i'm fucking pleading, on my knees! Who wouldn't kill for a true and new Solo album?
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote