View Single Post
Old 2015.06.24, 04:58 AM   #11
Vorpax

Vorpax is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by kalmia View Post
I've been in Japan for almost two weeks and I've been asked what kind of music I've liked several times already. Most of the time, people don't know who I'm talking about. But just the other day when I said "Shiina Ringo", this guy made a face like they knew who I was talking about. "What about Tokyo Jihen" they asked. I said I liked them too. That's when he proceeded to first bump me -- "I like them too". The Jihen this guy was probably thinking of was late Phase 2 Jihen. Sports and Discovery Jihen. In fact, in my local CD store, those were the only Jihen albums available. Someone finally knew the name Shiina Ringo but immediately associated it with Tokyo Jihen. Did he even know of Shousou Strip era material? In terms of popularity with the Japanese youth, the mainstream Tokyo Jihen was where it was at for Ringo.
This makes me terribly sad. Her early carrier is in an entirely another level compared to anything TJ has releasead, and even comparing to most of the japanese music industry nowadays, and they don't even know "Shouso Strip"? Meanwhile, I'm here 19000 km away, I can't go to any of her concerts, buying her material is expensive as hell. This world is not fair
Vorpax is offline   Reply With Quote