View Single Post
Old 2014.02.25, 04:19 PM   #62
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

Yes, I absolutely agree.
I won't lie, I like idol music. But idols nowadays, the exaggerated facial expressions, the stock poses and movements, the grating and annoying voices, I can't handle that.
Oomori is none of those things, so it's basically idol pop I can actually enjoy.

There's a video of her performing this song with a real idol group and the contrast is so stark. Even if Oomori si marketing herself as an idol, it's really important to note that. She is marketing HERSELF as an idol, usually idols audition/are picked by a producer and controlled from the ground up. A self-made, self-producing idol is almost an oxymoron.

Worst member is just IMO. Sayumi is all looks, no talent. Even in her original audition the producers talked about how she had one of the worst voices he ever heard. So she's coasting by completely on how gorgeous she is. And the other problem is that her stage persona is so grating, purposely exaggerated to be the ultimate feminine idol, really squeaky and annoying. I'm sure she's a nice girl. But she can't sing.

I would rather attempt to understand Oomori as an artist and a performer than create this constructed image in my head that I cling to.

Last edited by TurtleFu : 2014.02.25 at 04:25 PM.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote