View Single Post
Old 2009.01.31, 01:17 PM   #424
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Why are we talking about the HF DVD in this thread instead of in its own thread?

While we're on that topic, I think the HF DVD is easily the most irrelevant retail product that has ever been released in Shiina Ringo's name. Even the Senkou Shoujo DVD/LP or the Variety CD (or any rips that spawn from any of those) will get more replays among all the 'haters' out there, than this thing. It's like a coffeetable book that just sits around, and maybe a visitor in your home will examine it for a moment or two, but until you saw them holding it, you almost completely forgot that it was among the things you own.

Yes, it has nice packaging. But how many times are you going to look at it? I believe that people would spend more time revisiting their Electric Mole limited books, or their MoRA boxes, or their RingoBoXes. This release tries to be an audio purist's product and it fails because of the crossfading - when e-Onkyo costs less, the delivery is instant, quality is the same, and there is NO crossfading. The HF DVD tries to be a PV collection, when the screen activity should have been more low-key like the MoRA DVDs. It tries to be a packaging treasure trove, and that is just about the only thing it even remotely succeeds in - but it gets totally trumped by MoRA and the RingoBoX. So this HF DVD isn't really the best at anything - it's just a jack of all trades.

I bring this point up because I've seen a lot of MoRA hate recently, when I don't think it is by any means the biggest offender. A lot of the same people who decided to dismiss MoRA as a cashcow, had previously been much more approving of the existence and the potential purchase of an HF DVD. MoRA succeeded in every way that the HF DVD failed. The criticism from this community could use a little reallocation.