View Single Post
Old 2020.04.18, 11:41 PM   #26
thespidereggs

thespidereggs is an asset to this community

I gotta say, seeing Koi no Urikomi from Dynamite Out in 1080p was a huge treat:

Koi no Urikomi

FYI, Ringo's solo account has also uploaded some more lives from the Toutaikai concerts from 2013.

As for the News EP... pleasantly surprised actually. Markedly better than Color Bars was - more consistent, more unified. While CB musically and thematically resembled 5 individuals itching to do their own thing, News really sounds like the gang is glad to be back together again.

The shining tracks here are Uruuruuruu and Neko no Te wa Karite. Uru sounds like a breezier, sunnier Omatsuri Sawagi while Neko is the most interesting of the bunch. Otherwise, Eien no Fuzai Shomei and Genyaku Player sound very reminiscent of Discovery-era Jihen, which makes me wonder if they could be holdovers or if the band is intentionally trying to create continuity? Either way, if these tracks sound familiar, they're still pretty solid.

Not their most ambitious or experimental release, but that's not necessarily what I'm expecting from a 5-track EP. Whether this is pure promotion for Ringo Olympics or if TJ is sticking around for a while, it feels nice to have them back.
thespidereggs is offline   Reply With Quote