View Single Post
Old 2009.05.27, 04:49 PM   #38
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
where did Ringo perform UFO? Do we have an audio video of this? Also, I listened very hard and closely for this and I couldn't hear it. Can you provide exact times? also which part of the song she is singing?
So many questions!
I know she performed it at Kyoei Buranko in 1999 (the same concert she famously covered "Creep") and with phase-1 TJ in their amazing medley at Sunset Live 2004. Both videos have been on YouTube at some point or another. I have reason to believe she performed it more often than these two times, but I'm not 100% certain.
If you listen to Jazz a Gogo, she starts at about 1:40 I think. It's the background Ringo chorus singing it as a counter-melody to Ringo scatting. It sounds kinda muffled and distorted. Here's the catch: you can only hear them WHILE the main Ringo scats.
Speaking of old bootlegs, there was an awesome Japanese site I found a few months ago that had a list of all of Ringo's songs (up to about 2004, I think) at what concert she performed them at in a vertical checklist. I lost it, though. The web-page's filename was like "jitenlist.html" or something. I've been using the old official ringo site as a bootleg reference since then.
On a side note, I'm really glad shiinaringo.se is back. I missed it so.
Entry№1 is offline   Reply With Quote