View Single Post
Old 2009.09.13, 11:24 AM   #863
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
freckle, in shun, the first part should be more along the lines of "if someones turns me to fossil, I'd want you to bring me back to life." the particle "ni" combined with the verb denotes that ringo is asking someone a favor.

the second part (start of second stanza), should be "and when someone gives you praise, I won't chip away at your stature." or something of the sort.

just be careful with the particles, the words seems okay enough but I'm guessing you did this with rikaichan and in the process missed some the particles while writing it out because both of the "ni morau" and "wo verb" are basic structures that I know you know (that I know you know...)
You're right about the first one; that just didn't occur to me and I'll change it accordingly.

As for the second... I looked it up (gah, should've done that before, I usually do for phrases that don't immediately make sense, just forgot to this time) and...

姿勢をくずす
relax one's position
So, we were both off!!

And haha, I don't care if you also post your own translation! Everyone has their own interpretations.

I also finished a few more translations.
- Roudousha
- Zero chiten kara
- Tsugou no ii Karada

And yeah, I don't really care if you go through them and look for things you think I missed/got wrong; no translator is perfect and I know there are bound to be things that just slipped my mind.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote