View Single Post
Old 2009.07.20, 03:44 AM   #29
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

So finally the post about the greatest PIMP gig of all times ()

On Friday justriiingo and me went to their gig in Düsseldorf and we were already excited.
Then we went into the hall and were really surprised when we looked at our randomly given seatnumbers.
We got first row exact middle seats. Now in that place "first row" ment basically, that the stage was like 1 m away from our seats.
Of course their sound is nothing to listen to sitting, so after 2 songs Shacho made (almost) everyone stand up and dance, so then we were like half a meter away from the stage, and the pimps went to the front as well, so Moto was basically playing the sax in front of my face from time to time, so that I even had to take a step backwards because I didn't want my nose to be hit.
Justriiingo was like half a meter away from Shacho, I don't think it was any different to just standing inbetween the band, we didn't even need any speakers.

Some of their live versions require the audience to sing along, not just with the pimps, but for the pimps, so that they have another melody line in the song they don't have to play.
(One example can be seen here @ 02:20)
The Pimps @ North Sea Jazz Festival (Rotterdam)

All live version included long and awesome solos, wild agitating by Shacho and an unbelievable amount of sweat by Moto.
In the middle they even let the "J.A.M." part of Soil & "PIMP" Sessions even perform one of their songs, which was quite unexpected and simple awesome.
After their "last tune" the crowd kept singing the melody line of one of the previously played songs, clapping the rythm until they came back for encore.
At the end, the awesomeness was topped with a nice icing, when Moto handed me his onstage oxygentank, so now I even have a souvenire.

Just one handshake away from the PIMPS. simply amazing. I guess I'll go whenever I can reach them from now on

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote