View Single Post
Old 2012.02.23, 08:45 AM   #48
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by gekokujyo View Post
I don't get it. I thought the writing was amateur, I thought the vocals were awful, and thus I didn't enjoy the song as much as I did some of the other songs. It's as simple as that. Why are some people so eager to think that we are 'dismissing' it as if there were inherently no validity in any of the songs criticisms, objective or not.

Okay, someone who disagrees tell me what's so effing complex or clever or moving or interesting about the lyrics then.
Maybe I'm not caught up, but I thought the dismissing comments came from TurtleFu's "I think a lot of you only like it because it's different" nonsense.

The lyric aspect just isn't a good angle to attack from because, so far, it's based on one line from the song. It's the only line ever talked about. Wouldn't it be amateurish/foolish of me to pick on the lyrics of 3min based only on the line "You're all alone, you're fixing ramen, you pour hot water in" as my only example? I'm not going to disagree that the lyrics are simple. It just doesn't matter when there are simple lyrics in many of the songs people love.

The vocal angle is a tougher one to judge because it requires a more personal knowledge of who you are talking to. If you like/don't mind Izawa's or Ukigumo's god-awful voices, I can't buy into an argument that Hata's voice spoils the song.