View Single Post
Old 2009.04.10, 02:52 PM   #9
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
That iGrado seems neat, I wouldn't mind having one of those things instead of earbuds (ugh). Problem is, I wish they'd consider people with glasses when designing those types of headphones.
All I can say about that is that I wear glasses and have never found these headphones uncomfortable. I am convinced that the iGrados are the best moderately priced portable headphones on the market. I also own very expensive Sonys and noise-canceling Sennheisers, but never wear them any more.

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Well, I've heard about inner-ear headphones that supposedly sound better than any earbuds. It's mostly 'headphones' from Eymotic and Shure. I don't know the science of how they would perform any better than earbuds, but I have online and offline friends who swear by them.
I think it really boils down to which elements of sound reproduction are the most important to the individual user. Eymotics undoubtedly have excellent frequency response and dynamics, but I will always prefer large transducer headphones for the reasons already stated.

I'll add one smartass comment, half in jest. An "inner ear" headphone would have to directly stimulate the cochlea. :p

Last edited by TeslaGuy : 2009.04.10 at 03:11 PM.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote