View Single Post
Old 2008.04.12, 07:25 PM   #6
RollOverHobo

RollOverHobo pleased at least somebody

Shiina's english confuses me...not because I can't understand...it's just that it's so inconsistent....for example Sigma....the lyrics are pretty straight forward except for the "I am not you position" which I think was just an error in what word she wanted to use (possession) I mean when you think about how it correlates with the lyrics it would make sense that that would be the correct word to use...In "17" and "Akane sasu..." it's another "so close but no cigar" moment....but some other songs like kuki (despite the fact it doesn't make a lot of sense), la salle de bain, and Sakuran she makes way more sense at least grammatically....I guess what I'm saying that as long it's grammatically correct, her english is pretty good and obviously it's getting better...I mean sure sometimes her lyrics are a little awkward but even Utada has awkward phrasing in her songs (ex. Easy Breezy)...so I think it's pretty good...what I would like to hear Shiina do though is speak in english....I once found a vid. of Yoko Kanno speaking like one sentence of english and I "O.O ZOMG'ed"....so just to hear Shiina speak english would be awesome....after all she did speak french once...