View Single Post
Old 2008.04.13, 02:38 PM   #10
jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Do karaoke establishments have some super sacred circle of trust? Not only can't fans find Shiina Ringo karaoke tracks available for download anywhere, but I never seem them on Yahoo! Japan Auctions either, even though I've seen industry insider nonkaraoke CDs for Karisome Otome (DEATH JAZZ ver.) and Senkou Shoujo.
To be honest, I do not really know how karaoke machines work, but I know its a machine hooked up to a tv. Plus in karaoke machines, the music is "faithly" re-created. It is no where near the level of a karaoke on a single. But it is my guess that whoever owns the karaoke companies are into the music business. Because finished tracks of utada's heart station came out the same day as the album (I mean non-single songs like celebrate). No way they recorded the song and got it out to the different stores within a day. So I assume it is a deal with the record company. And I guess that different karaoke companies get whatever music they like, because not all karaoke places have the same song selection. But anyways maybe the karaoke places are under contract not to realease karaokes of the songs. But I have no idea what format they are in, I do not know if they could even be sold (or aquired) to/by someone without having the machine. Perhaps someone knows more about this, and they can correct me.

If one lays a trap, isn't it the victims fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote