View Single Post
Old 2011.07.23, 10:13 PM   #81
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

SOIL&"PIMP"SESSIONS - MOVIN' (new single)
mine is serial number 3702 btw.

SAPS - Movin

Movin' (feat. Maia Hirasawa on vocals) is FANTASTIC!
It sounds like it could make some headway into the mainstream charts / mainstream listeners... it's such a nice lively tune and yet simple and easy to digest. This is party music! What SAPS are best at doing. Superb energetic happy party music. And again they've delivered! BIG LOVE to Shacho for writing this tune, and Maia for doing such a good job on the vocals (not sure if I really like that it's so forward in the mix though...)

Not feeling the b-side "Armageddon" so much... I think it's a cover version? It's written by Wayne Shorter.

The c-side however, is great too. It's got the latin thing going on and all the SAPS signatures are strong and present in this one. This tune gets better as you go along...

I think it's really cool how SAPS have refined their sound over the years and yet kept their focus as a live band that makes the best party music in the world with a jazz signature.

Great work on this Loving it.
And onward to the DVD...

Last edited by justriiingo : 2011.07.24 at 03:43 AM.
justriiingo is offline   Reply With Quote