View Single Post
Old 2012.04.07, 12:11 AM   #5
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I noticed that it isn't a 7 character song name, another indicator that this is her truly moving past the final stage with TJ...

At least I'm hoping. Even if this new song isn't her best, I'm hoping/guessing that it will at least sound like a fresh start. I don't think people should be expecting Shouso Strip, but it's been a long time since Ringo did a solo rock song (well, perhaps Yokyou or Ariamaru Tomi count, but this has been described as "up-tempo")... and with just a basic, standard rock band structure, it's hard not to start building images/expectations in your head. Perhaps it will sound along the lines of some of those Chiaki songs like Cold Finger Girl- which I think would be great coming from Ringo.

I'm sure I'm gonna like it- I'm pretty damn easy going with whatever Ringo does (a Ringo stan if you will), but it will be nice to see a song that everyone likes for a change. But that's probably just wishful thinking. But if worse comes to worst- at least it's new stuff- hopefully leading to more new stuff :-p

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2012.04.07 at 12:18 AM.