View Single Post
Old 2008.10.29, 11:11 AM   #37
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
Exactly. At the moment we don't want to clog up the off-topic forum with individual movie, album or game threads so everything goes into it's specific "Gaming thread", "Currently watching thread" etc. Having a forum where we could openly discuss entertainment would not only keep the off-topic forum free from an overload of media threads, but it would allows us to openly discuss separate threads of each media rather than filling up 2 pages of the "Currently watching" thread with discussion about 1 show. We could just make a thread about that show/movie in the Entertainment forum and use the currently watching thread for what it should be used for - to just say what you've been watching, and not discuss it for a page. Keeping all entertainment in one forum will assure that it is busy. I don't think separating it into 3 "Movies", "Music", "Video Games" forums is really necessary.

Also, why not have a forum, or maybe a sub-forum of the Landfill where posts aren't added to post count and semi-useless threads such as the "3 Word Story Thread" can lie. Fun threads like that deserve a home, but people shouldn't be getting hundreds of posts from it. The forum could be used for other useless activities that are fun for a forum, but ultimately shouldn't contribute to post count. Maybe a new forum for this is overkill because such threads are kept to a minimum, but I still think something should be done about threads like the "3 word story" so that people can't technically spam their way to a high post count.
Completely agree!
That's sort of what I said once about the Random thread, where people started discussing a subject for too long, almost making it worth to create a new topic just for that. The same also happens in the Currently Watching Thread, which has become THE (only) place to make posts about movies and tv shows.
So an Entertainment Board would probably be the best way to go.

And I agree with the "3 word story" post count thing, mainly because my current post count is so hueg because of that topic. But I do like that sort of fun, so I don't think it should disappear. So yeah, what Whisper said~

EDIT: Er... More importantly. Is this topic in the right place? I never noticed where it was until now LOL :x

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2008.10.29 at 12:27 PM.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote