View Single Post
Old 2009.02.17, 11:56 AM   #1
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are
Thumbs up Possible scenarios and predictions for Tokyo Jihen 2009?

What do you think Tokyo Jihen will do this year? Less unrealistic hopes as in 'Ukigumo leaves the band and Hirama returns', or 'Shiina leaves the band', but predictions based on what we've seen/heard already. I'm guessing that news is on the horizon, so we can compare our predictions with reality and stuff. This isn't just album releases. Anything TJ related.

-- And I meant probable scenarios, not possible --

But yeah.

From an album angle:

1. Shiina Ringo takes over the songwriting again, with the occasional Ukigumo song. Or she takes over the songwriting completely (Takes over the songwriting through and through).

2. VARIETY redux, but with Izawa's songwriting downplayed a bit and more Ringo songs [VARIETY done right, basically, as I feel that Izawa's songwriting ruined VARIETY]. Ukigumo's songs could turn out better, on PETROLZ level.

3. Shiina Ringo and Ukigumo dominated album, but they write songs as a duo, with one or two shitty/average Izawa tracks. Maybe Shiina Ringo and Ukigumo shuffling roles. So Shiina Ringo writes songs that Ukigumo sings, and vice versa. The new Lennon-McCartney (I realise that I shouldn't even make this joke) I could see this working, though, creating stuff that's along the same quality as Ichijiku no Hana.

4. VARIETY redux but Ringo only writes a couple of songs [WORST CASE SCENARIO]

5. A concept album =P

6. Kameda steps up the songwriting, and they come out with a very J-Pop sound

7. The band works extremely close together to produce something awesome

8. The album is called "Mid-Life Crisis", and Shiina Ringo forces them to go back to a Muzai Moratorium/Shouso Strip style [Then again, VARIETY could be considered that, especially since one of them said that it'd be TJ's MM or something]

Song directions:

1. More 'Jazzy' stuff. "OK, we've experimented with VARIETY, let's return to our established 'ADULT' style"

2. Loud rock album with jazz here and there, may be an attempt to return to 'Shiina Ringo roots.' Kyouiku with Phase 2.

3. 'Modern' Traditional Japanese music

4. Japanese Motown. Tokyo Jihen does James Brown. I wouldn't put it past Shiina Ringo and Ukigumo.

5. More stuff along the lines of Kabuki and Omatsuri Sawagi

Other 'events':
- Shiina Ringo doing more songwriting for other artists? Perhaps a GOOD artist this time?

- Shiina Ringo releasing a solo single? Perhaps that song from 20th Anniversary.

- Shiina Ringo solo album with older, unheard material

- Someone leaves the band

Just a bit of fun.

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.02.17 at 12:02 PM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote