View Single Post
Old 2009.06.23, 05:58 PM   #208
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Today's review:

1 - : | I'd be okay with it if it wasn't track 1. Her worst opener ever.
2 - : ) (besides her grating voice)
3 - : |
4 - : ) Nice to have something slow after those three
5 - : ( x 1,000; funny that she chose to reuse the worst version of this song
6 - :'( I imagine watching a Disney World parade with Mickey, Minnie, & Pluto dancing and shaking people's hands
7 - best track
8 - : ) / : | (can't stand the Sid transition, but it's forgivable)
9 - : )
10 - : | (I enjoy the music, but her voice is too high-pitched and "cute" for it. The dude goes on for too long)
11 - : | haven't I already listened to this a few times? Not bad, but come on...
12 - second-best track
13 - even more annoying this time :[ I was excited when the orchestra didn't show up, but that did nothing to improve its forced, unnatural chorus.
14 - : ) (weird, but for once I listened to MaruSadi without being bitter for having to hear it again) Also, I really want to hear Ringo continue the song that goes on until the 8 second mark. It's so disappointing when it gets cut short.

Contrary to my Last.fm page, I've listened through this album several times. Ringo's voice is either high, gentle, or downright grating in just about every song. A lot of the tracks are alright, and I'm sure I'll enjoy them in a SR playlist, but placed together as an album, I can't listen without feeling like something important is missing. And that something is gall. Why is Ringo so agreeable and cheerful all the way through the album? Only Bonsai Hada even comes close to providing some kind of contrast. Even Togatta Teguchi fails to deliver, though the strong electronic instrumentation got my hopes up at first.

It's not like each track in this album is forcibly linked under one genre, so there would have been no problem with her infusing some attitude in one or two of them. Did she throw a rapper into those two songs just to give them a spine because she wasn't up for it herself? Come on, even HF rocks more than this album. And I'm not dissing HF, because HF works. SG, by and large, does not.

Hopefully eventually I'll be able to forgive SG for its lack of variety. But even if I don't, I can make a playlist with Shun, Bonsai Hada, and some HF & Variety tracks to cheer me up.

Last edited by fluffiethesock : 2009.06.23 at 06:06 PM.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote