View Single Post
Old 2011.07.04, 08:55 AM   #26
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Ringo dream last night, partially inspired by the book I am reading The Time Traveler's Wife (set in Chicago, about... a time traveler).

So in the dream, I was with my parents in Chicago and I at least was time traveling; we were in 1998. We were looking for cultural things to do and trying to attend this play; we go to the place where we think the play will be but it turns out to be a sort of classy Japanese culture fair type thing. And some j-pop/j-rock artists are there, sitting at tables signing autographs, and Ringo is one of them. I pretty much abandon my parents to turn into a huge fangirl. I spend forever looking for a piece of paper for her to sign but in the end she pulls out a booklet the fair has given her. She looks as she did around that era, not like she does now, and her attitude is less polite-old-lady like now. This is before she becomes super famous, which is why she's doing little events like this. I'm grateful we're in 1998 because I know this could never happen in my present and I feel like I have an amazing opportunity here. So I approach her and I do speak Japanese to her; real words in real, cohesive sentences, not dreaming-fake-Japanese. I pretty much tell her I'm a big fan and I'm so happy to get to see her and meet her. We chat for a few minutes. She tells me even "Shiina" is a pen name, AKA not her real last name! (Thinking back on it, I'm not sure if she meant the kanji or the whole word.) Haha! She signs the booklet, I thank her, and walk away in a daze.

When I woke up I was sad that it wasn't real. A nice highlight to an otherwise hellish night...
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote