View Single Post
Old 2007.10.06, 04:25 PM   #62
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
I could never bring myself to buy any of the PV compilations. Seems like a waste with youtube and veoh out there. There is one bootleg present that I bought from a Book Off near Gardena.

I own legit copies of everything pictured there, so I'll take a stab at it, and speculate that Just Can't Help It is the bootleg.

For the products that still have stickers on them, have you actually kept them sealed? (including the products older than Variety)
If you had more than one copy of some of those (like Dynamite Out!) then I could understand, but even *I* wouldn't keep my only copy sealed.

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
I own 3 copies of Shouso Strip, its kind of sad really. I have the regular non-first press from way back when I bought it for the first time before KZK came out. Then about a year and a few months ago I kept on seeing used first press editions in Book Offs all over so I ended up buying one. The coloring on those are all greatly varied and the condition is all over the place, so I searched around and found one in really good condition. Then me and Glanth kept on comparing collections and I got carried away and bought a sealed first edition SS from an auction site. I had no idea it was a promotional copy and not for sale until I opened it (there is a huge sticker on the back saying it is a final sample issue not for sale) and the actual cd and packaing is exactly the same minus "NOT FOR SALE" printed in a circle around the center of the cd.
I started with the regular edition of Shouso Strip. It was among the batch of the first few Ringo/Jihen CDs I ever bought. Then I got a Limited copy used off of eBay. Then I got some sealed nonsample Limiteds off of Yahoo! Japan Auctions. Those have become a scarcity now. Several months recently went by where nobody was selling sealed Limited copies, sample or otherwise. Then this week, all the sudden there's a sealed sample Limited copy, a sealed retail Limited, and a sealed retail Limited with a sealed promo audio cassette. All from different sellers. The marketplace is really weird like that. Things show up in spurts from different sellers, then you go for months without seeing anymore auctions for the product. And it goes in a cycle too, I think.

Here's what I won this morning, just as I was headed out the door for work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ampeg_v4-img600x450-1191057754dsc00966.jpg (23.6 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg ampeg_v4-img600x450-1191057765dsc00965.jpg (22.3 KB, 180 views)