View Single Post
Old 2019.04.08, 01:35 AM   #11
shirasagi

shirasagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I'm going to be more cynical here and argue that the sandoku concept was either around from 2015 or was just tacked on after the singles started coming out and they had to be tied together somehow to be on an album.
The religious/folklore motives on the Nagaku Mijikai Matsuri single cover, the Kamisama, Hotokesama video, the Hyakkiyagyo concert... also, all of the singles were tie-ins, which makes the concept seem more like an afterthought to me.
I'm curious how it will pan out in the final tracklist. Will the songs be divided across the three themes? Does "Menukidoori" stand for greed?

At this stage, I'm kind of most curious about the eventual cover artwork, because this knight armor image is tacky and not in a good way. I've seen people point out here that it reminds them of mobile games or hostess bars and I pray that something like that was the intention, because damn if this is not ironic.
The "Marilyn" picture that was the teaser for Sunny ended up being the booklet cover, so this one probably isn't really going anywhere either.
shirasagi is offline   Reply With Quote