View Single Post
Old 2007.10.04, 10:39 PM   #1
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal
Exclamation Clarification on forum rules: what you don't know can kill your post

In case there's any doubt in anyone's mind what I'm referring to when I say there will be strict enforcement from here on out against personal attacks in the forum, here are things that will result in post deletion (and possible warnings/bannings if there is continuous abuse):

1. Attacking somebody's home/school/company/city/state/country/continent.

2. Attacking somebody's appearance/race/gender/class/family.

3. Gratuitous use of words like "stupid," "idiot," "dumbass," or variations thereof, especially when there is no additional substance.

3a. An emoticon is not substance.

4. Use of white text to "soften" an attack.

5. Threadcrapping/trolling. I really hate this. If your first post in a thread is going to be something along the lines of "this thread is stupid," do not post. It's that simple.

Cranky banter is fine. Even entertaining. Just keep in mind all of the above (and whatever else I or my co-moderators may add in future), and your posts will be left alone.

If something or someone offends you, DO NOT REPLY WITHIN THE THREAD. Report it to me. When deleting offensive posts, I make no distinction between "who started it" and "who responded."

Thank you.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote