View Single Post
Old 2015.08.20, 05:12 PM   #3
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

I'm just one vote among a few, but I support the idea in general, with one concern, and it's this:

"Users are joining primarily to discuss Oomori."

It would be great to have some clarification on that. When you say "joining" do you mean "participating," like "joining in the discussion"? Or do you mean "new users signing up"?

Also, when you say "primarily," do you mean that new users are interested in BOTH Oomori and Shiina, but primarily want to DISCUSS Oomori? Or do you mean those users have a PRIMARY interest in Oomori but have LITTLE (or maybe no) interest in Shiina?

This point is very interesting:
"A lot of Ringo fans are also Oomori fans."

Knowing more about that will help us all understand the purpose of a subforum dedicated to Oomori. Basically, what is the relationship between Oomori and Shiina? Would you say those two artists have the largest number of crossover fans? Is their music of such similar quality that you can't talk about one without talking about the other? I know they are not "associated" artists, but do they have vital connections nevertheless?

This is all to look ahead at the desired result of an Oomori subforum. Does Oomori, in a major way, enhance our understanding of Shiina? And in turn, does Shiina enhance our understanding of Oomori?

I know this may all sound academic and dull, but since this would be the first-ever subforum dedicated to someone not associated with Shiina, I think they are fair questions.

So let's hear from others. For those interested in Oomori, imagine an Oomori subforum with a sticky thread at the top titled "Why an Oomori subforum?" What would be your post in response?
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote