View Single Post
Old 2011.04.24, 04:01 AM   #268
so_cold

so_cold puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Two of my favorite KSK-era songs. When I was first getting into SR, I downloaded one song (Kokode, Gibusu, Poltergeist) from each of the albums. Kokode was OK and I loved her attitude on Gibusu, but Poltergeist was the song that sold me on her. Such a lovely song.

Truthfully, I generally prefer the Electric Mole arrangements of the songs. Kuki in particular. I'm not a fan of the album version. The EM arrangements are less ambitious and simpler, but that works for me. Poltergeist is the only song performed on EM that I clearly prefer the album version. The EM jazz ending is cool, but the song loses so much with the piano arrangement.
I love both the KZK and EM versions to be honest, it's great there's such different versions for studio and live. Something about EM seems to shoot those tunes straight into my veins, which is why Poltergeist is such a wonderful song, because there's really not much going on in the EM arrangement relative to the others on the same concert but it sounds so good you almost can't stand it. EM Kuki is a fantastic use of heavy rock as well, and the chorus is just so the kind of tune she'd used to write.

As for Baishou Ecstacy, I like it more than HF. I don't know why, maybe because it's a smaller orchestra, her voice doesn't get as harsh, or I'm a fan of the mole (even if it's a stick-on one), I don't know. HF is too slithery, too posh and unexpectedly dissonant (describing the Stem here), I used to think it would grow on me but it hasn't.

It might just be fan theory about the two halves of the album being male and female, I don't know.

Last edited by so_cold : 2011.04.24 at 04:09 AM.
so_cold is offline   Reply With Quote