View Single Post
Old 2009.10.01, 09:58 PM   #68
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I would blame that wobbliness on the nature of HDTVs more than the nature of CRT, even if it's not a problem that comes up in LCD-based displays. You see, if it was VGA going to a CRT monitor, you could calibrate that monitor and get all the edges to line up properly. HDTVs are for consumers, and nowadays they don't want to calibrate a damn thing.

I would say the only time my living room CRT HDTV shows anything wobbly or warped on the edge of the screen, is from analog input from a PS2. I've hooked an upscaling DVD player made by Sony, to the CRT HDTV before - via HDMI, and there was nothing wrong with any of the edges of the screen.

However, this screen can only do 1080i because it was one of the earlier HDTVs. But since it is a CRT, it doesn't make 720p look bad. Someday this screen will have to go because it can't do 1080p, rather than because it is a CRT.