View Single Post
Old 2018.05.11, 01:30 PM   #1
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are
Default Comics/Graphic Novel/Mangá Thread

How the fuck we don't have a comics thread??

Although I don't like the average marvel/dc shit I enjoy the X-men and Batman stories, I just can't stand reading the comics... the aesthetic and narrative mechanisms are so boring and tiresome

But in the last years Brazil has seen the rise of (maybe) a golden age of brazilian comics/graphic novels
they are quite beautiful, smart, and enjoyable... though only a couple have been translated to english
I know for sure the brothers Gabriel Bá and Fabio Moon published their "Daytripper" in english, here is their blog: http://fabioandgabriel.blogspot.com.tr/
maybe you can download it from this site

About European stuff, I read Margaux Motin "Tectonic Plates" and fell in love with her
Her comics are funny, touching sometimes, always beautiful, and sometimes even experimental
but maybe they are too girly for some of you, I don't know o.o

About manga, I'm really lost on the latest cool stuff, I only keep on reading the mainstream stuff I've been reading along all those years
The last new things I've read were Thermae Romae, Kurage-Hime, and that one with Jesus and Buddha living together as flatmates

If anyone has any suggestions... I'm also interested in webtoons btw, but maybe webtoons go in the webcomics thread?! I'm not sure

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote