View Single Post
Old 2011.11.17, 04:57 AM   #316
zombiestrip

zombiestrip pleased at least somebody

Absolutely love Samurai Champloo. Without that series, I would've never have come across the music of Nujabes (rest his soul). Talk about a perfect television show...

EDIT: Okay, I'm now 11 episodes into Cowboy Bebop. I haven't fully gotten into the show yet (if that makes any sense). I can understand the appeal so far but it hasn't really made much of an impression as of yet.

Having said that though, I do believe its only due to the fact that the show just wants to set up the characters and some of their misadventures at this point in time. The two episodes that I've really enjoyed so far were episode five and episode ten mostly because they kinda touch on the backstory of Jet and Spike. Episode five especially is pretty cool cause of the whole John Woo vibe (Spike with dual pistols, erratic gunfights breaking out in a church... all you needed were some doves and boom!) that it had going for it. And I loved that episode 11 had an "Alien" vibe to it (right down to Spike with the motion detecting tracker) and was really hoping for an episode that was just in their ship.

Last edited by zombiestrip : 2011.11.17 at 07:17 AM.
zombiestrip is offline   Reply With Quote