View Single Post
Old 2009.08.31, 11:13 PM   #7
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I picked maru chiten kara, simply because its the least impressive song on the entire album. the melody isn't very catchy, the chorus has a very simple linear quality to the instrumentation in the background which bugs me, and the entire thing feels distant and cold to me.

the easy answer would be futari bocchi jikan, but seeing as that song was written specifically as a do-re-mi for modern mothers and children specifically for use on a children's show, it doesn't completely fail, like this track does. she had no aim, no restrictions, for this song, and it just sets the bar low. sure, futari bocchi jikan might have aimed what might be considered low, but it at least accomplished what she set out to do. with no real restrictions on it, maru chiten just seems a bit...lazy.

also, there is some annoying noise and glitching on the track during the end vocal layering that bugs me every single time I hear it. I have traced back to several different digital sources, my own personal copy, and various other streaming sources, so I know its on the master and not just my copy. seems kind of lazy....
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote