View Single Post
Old 2019.05.27, 04:49 AM   #105
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

But.. you're doing what a lot of new people do (I know cause I did it too, my early posts are so fucking precious to read back on ughh), just cause a few of us (myself included, admittedly.) don't think much of TOKYO (I think Ma Cherie is a great song, but this studio arrangement neuters it) doesn't represent EVERYONE here. To be honest the reception has been fairly decent here for the album given it is what it is (not so much on Twitter and JPS though). I am working on something a lot more in depth but I don't think you're going to agree with me at all on most things. I also used to be like you, I've supported her right through a lot of the most rough patches- I still even like Variety, so what. There is a mountain of great conversations and in depth discussion archived, just look through it. Yeah it's quiet now, but that's cause there was a period offline that wiped out a lot of the key members. A new album hasn't made them return, and that to me speaks volumes. Ringo's fanbase HAS changed, sure. A lot can happen in 5 years. But it still doesn't mean the old fans don't have the right to enjoy/not enjoy her work. Hell, some of the people I most respect on here came from massive threads of disagreeing with each other.

So on that note, I'll post my review when it's ready. I like making lots of jokes but my review is strictly no cheap shots I promise.

SHORTLY, and what my review is kinda sorta focused on (but not wholly):

I definitely get 'end of contract' vibes from the whole release and release cycle. Not to mention the picture of her from 20 years ago in the booklet...

Think she's about getting this over and done with more than anything else. I've never heard something supposedly take 5 years to make and sound so damn rushed. The whole concept sounds like a big distraction from the fact that she's completely dry musically. That's fine, it happens, but ffs just admit it instead of dragging it out.

Last solo album ever, calling it.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2019.05.27 at 05:30 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote