View Single Post
Old 2018.05.09, 01:10 AM   #368
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I love this whole 80s throwback going on
But hey, not everything released is pedo-material!
I've posted in another thread some really good things that are from these last years

Youjouhan shinwa taikei (tatami galaxy): A crazy coming of age circular story with dynamic animation and neat visuals

boku dake ga inai machi (erased): a serious suspense with time travel. Think Butterfly Effect, but more mature and intense, and without the focus on romance

aku no hana: a quirky coming of age with kinda experimental style

Ping-Pong: amazing visuals, intense, never thought I would love so much an anime about a sport

Psycho-pass: utopian/dystopian futuristic psychological thriller that makes you think about philosophical things

Penguindrum: bubbly colourful series that is not as innocent as it appears. The creator is that guy who created Utena, I love everything he does.

gatchaman crowds: a revival of gatchaman that doesn't have anything to do with the original. It makes you reflect about the issues of society nowadays. Its sequel, gachaman crowds insight, is very political, very interesting.

shin sekai yori: It's a different kind of futuristic story... people live in a magical-agricultural utopia, but it becomes a very dark story. Not so enjoyable at the end though, it left me hopeless about humanity.

ninja slayer from animation: a parody of the way mainstream western society sees japanese anime. Short episodes and interesting soundtrack ==b

madoka: a satire of the mahou shoujo genre that fits into the genre, with its aesthetics and all. I guess you will only like it if you are familiar with the genre and you enjoy some aspects of it, otherwise it's just another dark story with multiple plot twists

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote