View Single Post
Old 2010.01.27, 08:51 PM   #41
chii

chii is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
you hear them calling her shiina-san. they are being polite. among youth nowadays, especially those with foreign friends, most people omit the formalities and stick with first name and if you have to be polite an honorable. that is why you hear far more "RINGOOOOOOO" and "RINGO CHANNNNN" at the shows than "SHIIIINNNAAAA-SAN" and I daresay you would be hardpressed to find someone screaming out a solo "SHIIINNNAA." it just sounds odd.

not everyone is even aware that its Ringo Shiina and not Shiina Ringo, so seeing it dramatically emphasised with the comment "come on its SHIINA" really highlighted that point for me. I might be nit picky but I'm not ostracizing, I'm just reminding and correcting.
I am SO guilty of this with my friends. When we talk about her, we just call her Shiina. I do know that it is her last name, but it is easier to say pronunciation wise, as well as it's just a habit now.

Anyone else think the covers and print on the records are really well done? I would consider buying this just for them. I don't even have a record player.
chii is offline   Reply With Quote