View Single Post
Old 2007.04.03, 10:38 AM   #3
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame
Smile Hmm, let me see...

My very first exposure to Ringo was through Tokyo Jihen's "Sounan" PV. I randomly decided to watch it because I'd heard Shiina Ringo's name around and wanted to hear what kind of music she made. I really liked the song but maybe not her voice as much then, because I didn't pursue her and the band any further. (Which is kind of ironic since "Sounan" is one of my all-time favorite songs now.)

I finally started to become interested in Ringo when I heard one of her solo songs through the last.fm radio one day. (Gah, I wish I could remember which song it was!! >_< I think it was "Meisai," but I'm not 100% sure. ) I listened to all her solo songs and grew in love with her voice and persona. While I didn't hate her voice the first time I heard it, I didn't see anything interesting in it until now--I think her voice is one of the most unique and beautiful (in its own way) voices ever. I fell even more in love with her when I found out about her little quirks, and that she's actually very polite in person. <3 I don't know any other artist who's as an interesting character as she is.

I'm about a third finished in collecting the whole discography, but I have the most CDs of hers than any other artist.

Last edited by badtzmaru : 2007.04.03 at 10:52 AM. Reason: misspelled "Meisai" o_o;;
badtzmaru is offline   Reply With Quote