View Single Post
Old 2015.10.16, 11:02 PM   #24
Phoenixmgs

Phoenixmgs pleased at least somebody

Since it's UK radio, you'd have to play Yer Blues (Beatles cover); to me, it's her "All Along the Watchtower" cover where that version becomes the new standard. Starting Over (Lennon cover) would be a good choice too with the UK audience. I love her covers of "Can't take my eyes off you" and "It was you".

I'd try to make at least half the song selection English songs with the audience in mind. There's lots of great ones; La Salle de Bain, Sakuran, Rinne Highlight, Mayakashi Yasaotoko, Karisome Otome (off Heisei Fuuzoku), JL005 Bin de, Mayakashi Yasaotoko, My Foolish Heart (Crazy in Shibuya version).

You have to play some Tokyo Jihen as well. Here's a couple good English tracks; Handsome-sugite, Osorubeki Otona-tachi, Dynamite (only 2 mins), Put Your Camera Down.

I definitely think you need some good rock songs (from both her solo and Jihen catalogs) with getting at least a couple signature jazz-rock tracks like Marunouchi Sadistic, Honnou, Himitsu, Shuraba, Toumei Ningen, basically anything from Adult. A couple just rocking songs like Gunjou Biyori, Denpa Tsuushin, Killer Tune.

A few songs I really like:
-Gaman (love that middle section)
-Zettai Zeetsumei
-Noriki
-Papaya Mango
-Hashire wa Number
-Ima
-Arikitarina Onna
-Mayonaka wa Junketsu