Thread: Utadah Hikaru!
View Single Post
Old 2009.03.20, 01:50 AM   #55
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
Is this really U.S. top 40 radio material?
Her first single out of the album, "Come Back To Me", debuted at #75 on Billboard's Pop 100 Airplay. Debuting in the top 100 is a first for any of her english singles.
She's been doing a lot of radio interviews, and very funny ones btw, receiving a lot of support from the interviewers and praising text message/mails from people who didn't know her but were listening to the radio. This is looking much better than what happened 4 years ago with Exodus.
She's going to be performing on a LA TV show as well (KTLA Morning News) and doing a bunch of listening parties at Sephora stores.
The girl is pretty active this time around, which is making her very tired as well. Comes with the business.

Oh, it's interesting to point out that in most interviewes the radio people ask her about gossips or scandals from her personal life and say that americans are really interested in a good gossip, noting how it has helped a lot of new artists in the past (ex Amy Winehouse). I don't see Utada as being able to do anything like that tho, and I prefer if she didn't. She's always saying how she's a normal person anyway, and wants to be known for the music.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote