View Single Post
Old 2011.10.05, 02:05 AM   #223
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Ringo's produced enough good songs in a range of styles, so it's not as if she has to 'dumb herself down' to write a good song for a TV drama. It's not as if Ringo's songs only succeed on a complex/experimental level either. This song isn't bad, but is sloppier than anything on even SG. It's not even about MM2/SS2/KZK2 anymore. (edit: I guess some of the slop may be down to the TV edit, but I dunno if the full version will be that different)

I mean, forget about the idea of talent and Ringo 'losing it'. Surely, she is experienced enough, and has enough technical know-how to at least create something that resembles her older tracks? I doubt that the appeal of all of her older songs can be chalked up to raw, youthful passion. Between this, Handsome Sugite and Chiaki Kuriyama's new song -- Blackout ver.25327 -- it seems that she isn't trying hard enough. Nearly makes SG look like classic Ringo in comparison.

P.S. the new Chiaki Kuriyama makes it seem like SR's trolling either us or the pop acts that keep asking her for music

Last edited by Scribble R : 2011.10.05 at 02:10 AM.