View Single Post
Old 2009.03.02, 01:07 PM   #67
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Maybe it has to do with self-esteem. Maybe people like these are people with issues with self-esteem that if they like an artist or a song, to hear a criticism causes them to question themself. Maybe that's why some take it so personally.

The thing is people like Shiina are artists, entertainers, crafts-people. People truly devoted to their craft want to improve, always. Good criticism helps artists out (should they care to heed it.) I believe Shiina to be a serious artist who does want to improve. The sticking point with some fans is that "explore something new" does not = "improve." Trying a new approach is great, but it's not an excuse to not improve. I want to entertain, so I *LOVE* constructive criticism, espescially from people who liked my previous works -- thats who I want to pay attention to. Some friends of mine always say they like whatever, or feign a laugh, and I don't care about that. I really want to know what works not just "oh thats good."

If I were Shiina I'd be psyched to have a community like us...and maybe not so psyched about what i'd read -- but not in the way cry-babies out there think.

shame on the first quotee.

edit: EFF!!

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2009.03.02 at 02:47 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote