View Single Post
Old 2009.04.27, 02:05 PM   #5
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Trying to link to a "page" number isn't a great idea. You have to understand that not everyone sees the same quantity of posts per page. I personally see 50 posts per page, so "Page 4" in a massive thread means something very different to me than it does to you on the default setting.

You might want to try the post tags. No matter how many posts-per-page someone is set to view, it will jump them to the appropriate page from their own settings standpoint, and let them see what else is on that page. I use post/thread tags a LOT. I don't recommend full URLs because they'll stop working if we ever have to change domain names. [post] tags don't care what domain name our community is operating under. We could be operating under multiple/simultaneous/mirrored domains and a post tag will still take somebody to the appropriate spot within the standpoint of the domain name they were already visiting.

Go to FAQ > Reading and Posting Messages > Are there any special codes/tags I can use to markup my posts? > For more information about vB code, click here.

(the reason I don't link straight to it is because I'm mindful about the possibility that such a link may not necessarily work in 5-10 years).